Tuesday, June 2, 2015

What a Month of May!

First of all I cannot believe it is June already.  The kids will be out of school in a week.  But we'll get to that in my next post.  For now, let's talk about May...well the last half of it.

Since I have been so good about keeping things relatively up to date I thought it would be easy to share the happenings of the second part of the month but we have been super busy.

We decided to take a trip to the beach for Memorial Day weekend with some friends of ours.  They found a great house at Ocean Lakes Family Campground (which is more than a campground) and we were set.  We got there Friday night, picked up some things at the store and set ourselves up to relax for three days.  The weather was beautiful and the kids had a blast!


When we got back we were at the start of a busy couple of weeks so our little vacation was like the quiet before the storm.  We had school work and projects to finish up and then begin the preparations for the end of elementary school for Grace.  First item on the list - the 5th Grade Farewell Dance.  Now I don't know if it was because she spent a few days with a girly, girl or because she's starting to become more girly on her own but we had to go buy an outfit for the night.  All the kids looked stylish and some of the boys reminded me of those crazy guys that I grew up with.


 Of course Adam's second year of baseball is winding down.  He's still enjoying every minute of playing and learning about the game.  He gets up every morning so he can watch Quick Pitch on the MLB Network.  I can't help but think of my Aunt Annie and her love of baseball when I watch him get excited about games.  His final game of the season is this week but I have to miss it so I made sure I got some shots of my final game.




Finally our month ended with a little more a baseball as Grace got to sing the National Anthem with the WR Odell Elementary School Chorus at the Charlotte Knights game.  She's no stranger to performing in front of a crowd so this wasn't a big deal for her but it was really cool to see her out on the field with the rest of the kids sing their heart out.  And I may be a tad biased but it was the best rendition I ever heard!!


That's her on the big screen.  The boys (David & Adam) are actually sitting right under the screen so they didn't get to see her.  When they were finished we nestled in to our very hot seats in left field to take in the game.  This was our first time at this ballpark.  It opened last year in uptown Charlotte and we never made it to a game; but the ease of getting there and the amenities will make it a regular item on our to do list and if you come to visit we just might take you there!




That wraps up our month of May.  This week Grace has her EOG testing and Adam is just counting the days until he becomes a first grader.

At the end of the week we will enjoy a Kannapolis Intimidators game because the chorus will be singing again, I will get to see Barry Manilow in concert and then I will begin my efforts to turn back time as Grace will graduate from 5th grade next Wednesday.  Where has the time gone?!?!?



No comments:

Post a Comment