Friday, January 28, 2011

Adam's Temper Tantrums

Now that Adam has turned two, we are experiencing the phenomenon known as The Terrible Twos.  We were fortunate to skip that with Grace, she was a happy go-lucky toddler who never kicked and screamed.  Fast forward five years to Adam at two.  He'll drop to the floor stomping his feet against the freshly painted walls, he'll scream at the top of his lungs if you touch him before he's had a sip of milk in the morning and God forbid you take any food off of his plate. 

I was spoiled the first go 'round.  I secretly laughed at people who complained about their toddler.  I thought to myself "What on earth are they talking about, two year olds are pleasant".  See what I get for that!  And not only is he doing it at home, but he's making his teachers at school earn their money.  He wants no parts of the big boy classroom.  He's even started crying before I turn onto the street that leads to school. 

It gets easier - right?  It has to, I don't know if I can take a whole year of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment