Friday, January 14, 2011

Snow/Ice Days

On Sunday, January 9 we were graced with the presence of snow.  It came in the form of white, fluffy flakes and piled up while we slept.  When we woke up on Monday, we learned that school and daycare were closed.  I was able to find a friend, that was staying home, to watch the kids and I ventured off to work.

While I still have my NJ skills when it comes to driving in the snow, I did have a momentary lapse of judgement and I hit the brakes when I came upon a driver stuck in a ditch.  What did that do to me - it got me stuck on a hill.  But I was able to back down the hill so I could gain traction and drive right on past the stuck vehicle.  I had to do it, now that we know what happened when I stopped.

I made it to work and was promptly sent home where I stayed for the next day as well because Monday evening brought in freezing rain which became ice.  Then Wednesday it took 30 minutes to clean the ice off the car before being able to go anywhere.

Needless to say, we have made it to Friday.  There are still patches of ice in places where the sun doesn't hit AND school has been closed all week so Grace will have a bunch of make-up days.  Don't ya just love winter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment